Saturday, May 26, 2007

Much Needed Mini Vacation

Been home for the last 3 days on a much needed mini break. I had made lots of plans & even a list of things to do around the house that simply never get done. I'm glad to say that the things to do list has got lots of things ticked off but my plans have mostly stayed on paper.

All I've done is rest & sleep........lots of it, every afternoon infact. Can't say I managed to stay away from the laptop (hasnt happened) but I've resisted opening my emails.

Watched Paris Je T'aime 2 days back. Very interestng idea, having 18 film makers from around the world present their ideas of Paris. The cinematography is beautiful, paris looks stunning...I can easily see why so many people love Paris.

I've actually been to Paris when I was eight, we were flying to New York via Air India & our plane had stopovers in Paris & London. I was travelling with mom & my great grandma (who was in her late 70's at the time) The whole plane had disembarked at CDG airport, we had stayed on board as it was difficult for my great grandma to walk & as is often the case with elders was reluctant to use the wheelchair being offered to her.

I still remember that the captain had offered to show me the cockpit during the stopover and he chatted with mom & grandma while we walked around the tarmac to stretch our legs.. It was so exciting ...there were all these planes taking off & landing.......they were so close. All I have are these fleeting memories of Paris, seeing the movie makes me want to catch the next plane out to Paris & spend a week there.

Couldnt sleep much last night (must have been the afternoon snooze) so decided to watch "Dil Chahta hai". All the songs are nice & good acting all-around. I loved some of the scenes...like Saif getting robbed in Goa by this firangi girl he's going out with. Hated the ending...how does Dimple die? someone pls tell me, there she is suddenly in hospital...did i miss something.

On a lighter note, been playing hide & seek with this cockroach that is residing in our washbasin. Dunno how long it's made its residence in our house, havent actually seen my new tenant, all I see are its antennae everynight when i go to brush my teeth.

First night I almost went to get the spray of Baygon which is permanently kept in the toilet to deal with just such unwanted guests. Then thought its hiding in the small gap in the washbasin, how much of a threat is it to anyone, decided no harm done...let it live.

Been 3 days now, how girlie my super killer has missed this one I dont know, methinks the roach hasnt ventured out of its hole for girlie to spot it. It's probably a pretty shy roach, even I havent seen it completely yet... all it does is waves its antenna's around.

All in all it has been a "be kind to roach" week at our house this week, so roach lives to do what roaches love to do.

3 comments:

Kits said...

Shilpi, awesome post as always. I mean, wowoeeee..Pls go to Paris - u wd love it. :D Also, roaches r never shy - blehpfft those creatures r! But since u r being kind to it, theek thaak I guess

soulasylum said...

Shilpiii..nice post mann! god I wish I could go to Paris too. After working in Webaroo, I wish I could visit all those cities I made packs on:D
I'm glad you got your rest. Sometimes the best thing is to do nothing:)
Incase you haven't figured who this is its deepika:D

meow said...

Dee, of course i know soulasylum is you :)

Btw the roach is now in roach heaven...Tangy found him & decided to play catch with him.

So poor thing was chased around the bedroom for a long time...till tangy got tired & he almost got away...i saw body in kitchen after some time so poor thing, didnt get away after all.