Thursday, May 15, 2008

Vaccination week is upon me

The Annual vaccination of the 4 monsters is on sat. I am so glad its an annual event (I can just about manage to carry 4 cats to the vet only once a year) Kanch is coming to help (of course) which is sweet & very brotherly of him. Strategies are planned, no mention of the word "doctor" is ever done in front of the quartet. Which 2 to pick first is done on the basis of who is tougher to catch first (Jerry & Pinks i think) the 2nd trip is usually easier with the twins. (Girly is frisky of course & too smart, Tangy is so dumb he usually comes to meet the sibling who has returned from the vet...and all i have to do is pick him up & drop him in the basket...hehehe. Of course he has his revenge by howling all the way to Shivaji park [vets office] and back.)

Made the mistake last year of choosing both guys for Round 1 & both girls for Round 2. The cat god was very much on the side of the cats. Pinks jumped on the cupboard & no amount of coaxing would make her budge. So I had to make a 3rd trip to the vet a few days later.

Its going to be a smoother trip this time round i hope. (Am keeping all my fingers crossed & bribing the cat god with premium cat food)

The city is so hot but the gulmohars are blooming away. They look gorgeous and are bursts of color in a otherwise very drab city landscape. I love the bursts of orange, yellow & pink along the tracks at Kurla station and ensure that I sit on the side of the gulmohars everyday.

Listen to John Mayer everyday...sadly i am someone who can rarely remember all the lyrics of the song....wish i cld carry them with me on the phone. Its nice to sing the song along, but not much fun when u forget half the words.

Keep thinking....do the things u want to do....life is passing by so fast. The list is a scrambled one in my head. We seem to spend so much time in our life making money...so much energy towards that one activity. I find it strange that I can make so many decisions in my life in seconds yet find myself mulling over others for hours without a clear idea on what to do. Life is so complicated or do we make it so i wonder. Or is it just me?



5 comments:

Kits said...

I love the cat god bizness. Lets give cat god a name pls :D Second, we make our lives complicated - more often than not unnecessarily! Watch the gulmohars for me too pls :D

Vipin said...

According to Egyptian Mythology the cat goddess is Bast. Read more about here here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastet_%28mythology%29
P.S. It has to be a goddess and not a god. :D

Kits said...

Coolness..Sheelpee get the blooming gender rt! :P

meow said...

Thanks boy for pointing that out :D

FYI my cats arent Egyptian so dont need to follow their gods.

AND being cats snub their noses at everyone including ze gods.

BTW the god didnt help at all, Tangy & Girly gave brother scratches. Tangy got himself a bloody nose by pushing it againgst the lid of the basket we were trying to carry him in. He looks like a wounded hero now !!

Vipin said...

Little one, I would like to see anyone —prophet, king or God —persuade a thousand cats to do anything at the same time.

A cynical cat, in SANDMAN #18: "A Dream of a Thousand Cats"

I think getting Shilpi to agree on anything is an equally daunting task. :P