Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Freedom at a price (of course, when was it ever free :D)

Feeling a bit euphoric for the last 2 weeks; reason is very simple but makes my life sooooooo much easier. Finally got transportation from the station to office.

This means a lot of things to me (am sharing car with 3 other co-workers) to help reduce the cost and they benefit too :D

- Freedom from rickshaw wallas who had to be begged & pleaded to every morning. Made the whole coming to office experience that much worse.
- Freedom from tensions - will i reach on time, will i get a rickshaw today, will i get someone to share it with (imp if meter runs amok & u are the only one paying)
- Freedom from worries - gotta catch an earlier train to avoid the rick rush at the station, but too early didnt work either as then there were hardly any ricks available to hail.

One drawback is there of course (no drawback free schemes on this planet i feel) - have to start & leave office at a fixed time. Which isn't too bad actually. But me being me; anything that takes away flexibility is associated with being bad. An aquarian trait i think :)

Mom's cataract operation is scheduled for thurs. At last, very long time overdue. I hope she can see well with the eye as the cataract is quite advanced.

I'm keeping all my fingers crossed till such time that we know...which will be a few days after the operation.

2 comments:

ShrutiWrites said...

aquarian trait indeed :D

soulasylum said...

Yay! about the transportation. Woah what a relief! Fuzz told me about it. Was overjoyed for you guys!:)
I hope aunty is well!