Friday, April 13, 2007

Run in With ANimaLs

This week has been a bit strange where animals are concerned, yesterday I was wearing this light yellow churidar. Had just stepped out of my building when lo & behold......one of my neighboring building busybody aunty was right in the middle of the street chatting with unknown person.

Of course it was unavoidable, she did the usual I haven't seen you in ages routine to which I said but I pass your building everyday morning & night on my way to & fro from office...am i invisible?
Suddenly her dog who was sniffing some unsuspecting passerby noticed me, was very happy to see me (all dogs love me what can i say) and of course started jumping on me for attention (what to do?) luckily for me no paw marks on the dress after encounter, I patted his head, he was so happy.

I thought that was it my run in with animals has ended.........but no bigger & better things were in store for me this week.

Today on way to office, I encounder Dumbo (or Jumbo to ones who didnt grow up with Disney) right on the road outside my office building.

I had only 1 choice, with the traffic to my left, cross him & hope he doesn't notice me. Of course when such thoughts cross your mind, means its too late ........ur already noticed.....same here.
I try to pass the elephant as nonchalantly as possible & he decides to wag his tail right into my chest. It was a friendly pat which just left me a bit stunned for a second (I was like ...what the heck, did he just swing his tail???) Everyone in office was suitably entertained by the story & I'm unhurt.

Thank god its Friday, no office tomm....dog, elephant.....I was wondering what could be next?

2 comments:

ShrutiWrites said...

"Thank god its Friday"? You think Animal kingdom also has weekends off? LOL!

Kits said...

Such a howlarious post...funniness it is [:D]