Saturday, October 4, 2008

Tiny paw marks on my life

Sometimes its the small decisions that somehow end up impacting life the most. Mom & i were discussing how much our cats have brought into our lives. We were reminiscing about the last 8 yrs of our lives.

A few near misses, some tough times, almost losing tangy twice, pinks once, jerry's umpteen injuries...but fighting on to make sure they are around sharing their life with us. It's the small daily joys which somehow make it worth living. For mom i am glad she has the rascals keeping company all day long. They worry about her too, Tangy sleeps next to her legs every afternoon. When she was sick they'd jump on the bed & sit with her from time to time.

I've accepted that Thaku is gone forever. What irks both mom & me is the not knowing. I think we all like the full stops in life. The not knowing somehow means that I can't put that full stop anywhere cause i simply don't know. I hate losing someone i love like that!

Can't believe Mouse & Pinks will be 8 next month. How time flies indeed, remember mouse as a tiny brown kitten...my first cat friend. I hope I pass on this to my kids & my nieces & nephews. It's an amazing feeling to be loved for who you are, no expectations, no confusion, you are not good or bad, you are just you.

I remember hugging my dog on days when I got shouted at by my parents for something bad i'd done & i remember his look saying its ok ...i still love you. A lick on my face always got a smile from me.

We should all have someone like that in our life! And they needn't even be furry with paws. Someone who sits besides you and knows you are glad just to have them there by your side. A look, no words are needed. Someone who knows with one look that something is wrong, by the tone of your voice. Till I find someone human who can sit besides me I think I am glad to have tiny paws and a whiskered face nudging me & saying its ok...i'm here!