Saturday, February 2, 2008

Its been too long...

I can't believe I haven't blogged in ages. Just shows how much work & social life are taking up most of my time. Work load certainly keeps increasing every day. I am just about able to cope, any more & I'll have to secretly clone myself.

Life has been good & bad. Work is hectic & suddenly find myself doing so much more socially. Going out 2-3 nights a week reminds me that one is certainly not young any more. But you only live once! So what the hell am going to have fun.

The weather has been beautiful, finally we get winter. It's so nice to finallllllllllly be able to wear those woollies. No fans at home, which is so rare. Cats are all sneezing or coughing away due to the change in weather. But it has its advantages, cold nights mean mouse spends more time at home. Niceness that is (less fights, less wounds)
Sleeping next to me as I write this (I actually cant remember the last time mouse did that at 11.30pm) this is his prime prowling time. I am very happy with the situation ....but of course wonder how long this bliss will last.

Lost my beloved phone a few weeks ago. Sadness it was. Have lost numbers of old friends which were nowhere but on my phone. Must learn to backup data.

Got a temp replacement from office, another SE but this one has a touch screen and behaves very oddly inspite of locking the keypad. Sent off 9 blank sms's to Vipin and loves to call up Payal when I am en route which is stranger. So now if people get umpteen sms's from me or it seems as if i'm desperately trying to get in touch with you pleaseeeeeeeeee ignore. Its my phone ...not me :D Meanwhile the search for which fone to buy continues.

B'day came & went. Became a year older. Strangely never feel older on that day itself. Got lots of gifts in the form of wine & books (& a skirt :D) Mom & I already opened & tasted the merlot this week. It's superb.

Looking forward to goa; quite excited about it. Haven't reached the stage where I'm counting days to go. But that will happen as the date looms closer.

3 comments:

ShrutiWrites said...

Lost phone!! ye kab hua? kaise hua? I'm sure you've lost my number :D

Kits said...

Goa goa goa!! Start counting now :D

meow said...

Shruti, i've replaced ur number in my cell along with most of my friends :)
Lost cell at NCPA after a wonderful jazz concert. Fell out of my trouser pocket (allen solly, wish they'd made deeper pockets)...cant blame them. Cell was on silent, so cldnt even hear it ring....sob...sob.